Tuesday, April 12, 2011

...plastic to go cup's with a twist...

So the new fad are those cute little plastic to go cups.  They're great and even include a hard plastic straw!  I've been wanting one for awhile, but I just wasn't feeling the ones with your inital on them, because you're so limited with the exact font that they use; and what if I don't want a font on there? Well I'm pretty much out of luck...

Not so fast!  My tax refund present to myself was a Silhouette!  I've been wanting one for over a year, and if I've waited that long, I should be allowed to purchase it, especially since it was with a small part of my tax refund money. 

I've been eyeing the cute, under $5, to go cup's at Wal-Mart lately.  They have some polka dotted ones (you'd think I'd want that one, but no) and then plain colors.  One of my favorite color combinations is green and brown.  So I was in luck when I went recently and noticed they only had green one's left! I quickly scooped it up, headed to JoAnn's to pick up some Cricut Vinyl rolls in brown and headed home. 

After a few trial and error's with the wrong "transfer paper" (I'm sooo not going to spend $10 to buy the real stuff online), I found a blogger that told me to try contact paper.  I tried that this afternoon, and voila, I have my very own, custom made to go cup.


Isn't it super cute!!?? It's a small bird on a cherry blossom tree. You need to click the image to see how intricate the flower petals look.  the lines are TINY, and yet came out perfectly!  Can we say "Christmas Presents"!!

And in the future, if I want to change it, I can just scrape it off, and print a different vinyl cut out to smooth onto the cup.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my Silhouette!!


No comments: