Thursday, September 8, 2011

...Tote Bag...

To This....

So my awesome sister Angela bought me a brand new Janome sewing machine for my birthday!!  Props to the sister!  Well tonight I officially started my first project without the help of anyone (minus some awesome directions over the phone about straps...)

First up, if you know me, right now, although I don't wear it often, because I don't own a lot, I'm in LOVE with grey and yellow together!  So this weekend while I was hanging out with the boyfriend and his son, we bought the material.  I said "we" because my sweet sweet boyfriend bought the material.  Can I just say how much I love that boy!!??  His son and him together in a fabric store are a hoot, let me know and I'll rent them out to you!  They had all the girls entertained as Stephen picked out good fabrics and Austin would come back with even better ones. Mind you Stephen was seriously picking out stuff...he's a picky man. Austin was just being a jokester and making us bought laugh.  It was defintiely a fun time at the fabric store. 

Anyway.... I decided to do my own pattern.  I have a tote that I decorated for Vacation Bible School this year, so I took those measurements and I'm going to wing it!  Yep, first big girl project and I am WINGING IT!  Go me!! 

So it went from this...  
To This....


It's nothing fancy...and I may still add some trimwork to the top, but I completed it in just under 3 hours. Not too bad for my first, no pattern, make up the "ruffle" as I go kind of bag!!!

No comments: