Sunday, August 16, 2009

...summer salad by alicia kienlen...

So my sisters both love to cook, and they both have their own style. However, both of them love a fresh from the garden type salad that has crunchiness, as well as both sweet and salty flavors in it. Unlike your normal salad, it has tons of interest for viewing as well as eating. I'm not one for recipe's unless I know I'll screw it up without it and do you really need a recipe for a salad?? Nah! I'm on a budget and a timeframe most nights, so I bought a lot of packaged stuff so that I could easily throw it together, I also don't have room for a garden on my back porch. But here are the ingredients:

Summer Salad

Blueberries
Strawberries-chopped
Sunflower Seeds
Mandarian Oranges
Celery-chopped
Cucumbers-chopped
Tomatoe's-chopped
Spring Mix Salad
Feta Cheese
Balsamic Vineagerette Dressing

Directions: This is the super easy part.... Toss together in a bowl, and enjoy!!

If you want to add something extra, throw some grilled chicken on top. I have plenty leftover this afternoon from a potluck at church, so that's what I'll be eating this week! I'm so excited!!!

Photobucket

No comments: