Monday, August 23, 2010

...wedding craft...

Well I promised Cole I'd start writing more, so I thought, why not show off my rendition of the traditional Wedding Favor Box.  I did quite a bit of work before the wedding, buying and cutting ribbons in my hotel room here in Boston, working on the little cut circles and even doing a little embossing.  I didn't realize how much more work had to be done until  my sister, brother in law and myself were up until 4am with my sister working on the flowers and Mark and I both working on the boxes, and did I mention I also made a cupcake grooms cake??  In the end, my cousin, the new bride, was appreciative of all of our hard work and many hours spent towards planning, decorating and putting together the entire wedding.   

Here's a glimpse at one of the 50 boxes Mark (mainly Mark) and I made Friday night before the wedding...


And, on top of the white pillow mints that Lisa bought, Angela and I purchased both plain and dark chocolate Hershey Kisses to add to the "Lapis and Silver" themed wedding...




No comments: