Saturday, February 5, 2011

..baby gifts are complete...

I'm so excited, my dear friend Christie let me peruse through her house yesterday and take up a good length of time to finish up the baby gift's. She has a sewing machine, and I don't. *sad* After 3 hours and after I had taken out the stitching for the third time, yes third, on the burp cloth, creating a brown bobbin and stitching the crap out of it, I finally got the hang of the burp cloth's. The second one took a mere 20 minutes! Next up were the Pacifier or Toy Holders. Not realize where the back stitch was on the machine, I tried my hardest on the first one, then the second one came and went. The snap set was a different story altogether. Those "picture directions" on the back of the package need a magnifying glass! Seriously, I ruined 4 or 5 snap sets just banging the crap out of the wrong pieces together *hehe oops* When I finally got the hang of that, I realized they had very little room to open the snap set's on the Pacifier/Toy holder, making it very difficult to open. I have to redo these. Here is a picture of both sets. I'm so tickled and can't wait to give these gifts away! 

Tag Blanket/Burp Cloth/Pacifier/Toy Holder


Tag Blanket/Burp Cloth/Pacifier/Toy Holder
 And I'm a "theme" girl when I give gifts...notice everything matches thus far? Well the card's and gift wrapping will be the same way.  I like for the entire gift to be a work of art. I hope when I get married and have my own children some day I can still do the same thing.  Debbie Downers will say it can't be done, but I didn't get these idea's on my own, nope, they are from stay at home mom's that do have the time! 

No comments: