Thursday, February 2, 2012

...God's perfect timing...

Photo From Flickr User jonboy24/7 
Right now, many know I am struggling. Struggling to make ends meet, struggling to wonder why I'm where I'm at.  Not four years ago, and my income was $20k more than it is now.  I wonder daily how I make it, but I'm doing what I can with what I have.  Through God's grace and my wonderful family, specifically my sister and my mother, I have survived this past year.  Leaving a job with no idea what you'll do next because you know it's the best thing for you, is the scariest thing I've ever faced thus far.  The questions that existed during that time, and to this day, pushed me hard to continue to strive harder and continue to do so. Through that struggle while without a job, I was offered three separate jobs and took the job I'm with currently.  I enjoy it and am learning more and more daily. If you know me, boredom and monotony can really make me not want to stay in a job.

I still have no idea of God's plan for my life or why I'm in this situation but I know He can only use it for His good.

I ask now to please be praying for me.  I am searching steadily for a part time job at night to help ease the gap between what I make, and the bills I have.  I'm struggling to use the gifts and talents God has given me because my focus is not quite 20/20.  The stress level is making my head swim.  The saying goes, don't wait for tomorrow to do what you could start today.  But every day, the stresses push me down and it's hard to just start. Period.  The struggle of "just starting" may seem easy to some, or even most, but it's not easily understood unless you've walked through this before.  For me it's a huge struggle!  

As I was praying last night, Lord, where are You taking me?  How will I survive, I need to find a second job!  I'm willing, I'm able.  Please, just send me a job.  He immediately answered with this...

" ....my God will supply all your needs, according to His riches..." Philippians 4:19

I've been resting on that verse today and trying to keep my eyes and ears peeled.  Sometime's it's hard, thank goodness He knows I'm not perfect.

1 comment:

Mark said...

...And sometimes God puts us in positions in life, not for us, but for the people who we will touch while we are there. You already know you are making an impact where you are. :)