Tuesday, January 4, 2011

...baby gifts??...

So I have a couple of friends that are expecting!  It's an exciting time for both of them, as this will be each of their first child.  One is a girl, one is a boy.  I'm in the creative mode, so I've decided to make the gifts for them rather than purchase them.  I'm super excited about how things will turn out, and getting back on a sewing machine!  

Tonight I hit up JoAnn's and found some great material and some ribbons to start off.  I'll buy a few more ribbons with more variation in size and some pattern before putting them together this weekend.  I'm making what is now known as "Taggie's" or "Tag Blankets".  As you've noticed, as a child, they are constantly messing with tags, whether it's your loop hole on your jeans, or your tag in the back of your shirt, babies tend to wrap their fingers in them and play with them.  Some amazing person thought of sewing ribbons all around a blaket to make a taggie, and that's just what I'm going to make.  Eeek!!

Along with the taggie blanke, i'll make burp cloth's as well as pacifier holder's, you know, so when the baby spits the paci out, it doesn't hit the ground!   I hope to finish both blankets, both burp cloth's and both paci holders for both mom's to be, by Friday night!  Mom is goinig to help guide me, and I think she's just as excited to hang out and help me relearn the sewing machine as I am!

For now, check out the material's I picked out.  I'll post pictures later of how things turned out. 



...a...

No comments: