Saturday, January 1, 2011

...twenty - eleven...

Photo Credit : http://www.tcwestbay.com/traversecity/
So it's finally here, 2-0-1-1!  It's supposed to be time for new resolutions, a clean slate, possibly even a clean house.  It's also a time to reflect on the previous year (insert ideas for resolutions here). 

I can say looking back at the previous year I have come a long ways!  There are things I was not expecting that happened, paths that I would not have chosen on my own, but God led me there and things I never thought I'd ever do (all good) and did. 

I never expected to get the job I did.  I needed a good job, paying way more than what a part time OPS person working for the State of Florida could pay.  I instantly had regrets for taking it, but it opened so smoothly that clearly God wanted me in this job.  I  started February 8th, but it only took the first few days of that job to decide my verse of the year :
    
"For I Know the plans I have for you declares the
Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a
hope and a future.- Jeremiah 29:11" 

I of course would repeat the last part "plans for a HOPE and a FUTURE" after I would repeat the verse in my head.  Because surely God isn't a liar, and He does have a hope and a future for me!

So I lived in a hotel for a few months, then moved in with the woman I lovingly call "the mothball lady".  Three weeks of that was enough for me!  I found Kristen, although she wasn't a Christian, was willing to know very much that I was, and even if I only lived with her for a month, she was great and a wonderful change to the mothballs!  I lived with her so short, because my house was not selling.  I had no idea where God wanted me.  I was confused and frustrated.  I prayed over it and asked to work from home.  I mean we had all the capabilities of it, so why not.  My boss told me that would be great and within a week, I was to be told I could work from home.  So, I packed up my stuff, waved farewell to Kristen and drove all of my belongings that I had with me back up to Tallahassee. 

Three weeks later, I received a call on a Monday at 1pm, asking me to pack my bags and fly to Boston the next morning.  I was to be there for 6 weeks, excited to spend a little time away from home; keep in mind I said A LITTLE!  The territory was growing and the auditor in that area had given his notice the day before about an hour before I got the call.  And to top it off, he had Friday off.  I had 3 1/2 days to figure out the taxi/bus/train/commuter rail systems along with 5 facilities, 6 hospital programs, three very difficult hospitals that he had screwed up royally and about 200 people's names to learn.  God what are You doing with me??? 

Well I think it was the "fight or flight" that awakened in me.  I was now working 6 days a week and spending just a few hours home to unpack/wash/repack and grab a nap before heading back to the airports.  I made the most of my time in Boston trying to see as much as possible at nights, eating at interesting and new off the beaten path places and just exploring. My sister and her husband came out to spend a weekend of driving to New Hampshire, watching the whales and hitting up a Red Sox game. 

Six weeks turned into 7 months, and finally I would go back home...or would I? No!  They "needed" me in New Hampshire!! What!? Seriously, I've been working 6 days a week for 7 months with not so much as a thank you and now, I'm going to New Hampshire? 

New Hampshire was to be around 6-10 weeks as well.  Four months later and I should be done in a matter of a couple of weeks.  I never thought I'd learn to drive on snow, go through a blizzard, make a snow-woman, go sledding or work with such fantastic and loving coworkers (one even made me a homemade stocking!). 

I've been searching and praying for a new job and about a week or so ago, I realized I needed to pray that if it's not God's will for me to gain the job back in Tallahassee that has 0% chance of travel, that He slam that door shut.  I don't work on hints, and God knows that, thank goodness.  Because in a couple of weeks when I'm done, I'm still scheduled to work Indiana work from home.  And this could last quite awhile.  Apparently it's a large hospital system with lots of work. I know of one other girl in Florida who also works Indiana remote.  I'd have someone to go to for questions, and be able to get back on a schedule. I have no idea what God has in store for me for 2011. All I know is that my verse this year until otherwise thought to change it, will remain Jeremiah 29:11.  It remains true, and I still need this verse! 

I could make this the longest post in blog history to describe all of the other changes, but then you wouldn't read it.  I can just say, for now, I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I'm still learning to trust God with the crazy plans I would have never picked for myself, and excited to see what the next few weeks as well as the next year has in store for me.  This year has definitely been a valley, and I'm ready for a mountain top! 

I've heard it before from friends, coworkers, family members, but this time I'm saying it to myself.

THIS YEAR IS MY YEAR!! 

...a...

1 comment:

Big Sis said...

What a great post! I'm so glad that you do see God at work even though it isn't what you had envisioned. The job itself, not having two house payments, friends at your job even though it's away from home, emerging contentment with what you have, those were all prayers answered that I know I prayed for you for. So yeah, God must know what He's doing even if we don't. Thank goodness!! - Love you :~) - Angela