Saturday, January 22, 2011

...WMJ...

So I was talking with one of the youth, er, newly graduated college students a few weeks ago at church.  His face was cleared up and looked like he had lost weight.  He went on to tell me his "New Year's Resolution" was to drink only Water, Milk, and Juice along with a regular healthy change of diet.  And his skin had cleared and lost a few pounds in just the week and a half he'd been doing that! 

Next up I spoke to a girlfriend of mine who was doing the same thing, not as a resolution, but more so, getting healthy. 

Well this got me to thinking.  I follow a blog : http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ and just love her!  Her posts are great, the photographs are wonderful, recipes, ideas, and help on blogs; Thanks Amanda!  Anyway, I was reading on her blog how she had lost about 30 pounds about a year or so ago.  The thing that stuck out to me and finally helped me make my decision was one statment....something to the effect of ...I'd rather eat my calories than drink them...

What a concept right!!?? 

If you know ANYTHING about me, you know that I am always drinking something.  Since I was a small child I've done this.  And so of course I do tend to drink a lot of my calories.  So I got to thinking, why not try to drop most of my calorie drinks and replace them with WMJ?  Well after almost a year on the road, it's hard to quit cold turkey, but other than 2 drinks (sweet tea and a coke), heavily iced down, I've been doing really well.  And being up north helped me become accustomed to the unsweet tea so at this point, I actually enjoy a great iced tea. This isn't my "New Year's Resolution", rather it's something I need to do to jump start my desire to be in a bikini in the next 6-12 months!

Isn't this one cute...!!??


So here's to a skinnier me!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

She is my Favorite VS model. I want that body too, girl!!!