Friday, December 17, 2010

...hands down, my favorite nephews...

I'm totally getting into my creative side.  I guess sitting in hotel room's 4-5 day's a week has  me jumping online searching  for the cutest, yet most creative things I can do.  A few months ago, I came up with the idea to copy a blog I found online. 

http://www.redtedart.com/2010/10/08/how-to-make-a-no-sew-handprint-applique-t-shirt/

Making a t shirt with an animal on it, using the outline of my nephew's hands. 


AREN'T THEY ADORABLE???!!!

While I was home over my one week vacation, I traced Aubrey's hand, and then he helped me (my little helper!) trace his baby brother Anthony's hand's.  He even offered to draw smiley face's inside both hands *giggles and smiles*.  It was the cutest thing!  Although I didn't keep the traced hands (Angela do you still have them??) I did cut out the material.  But that's as far as it went......

Then, knowing my stint of flying back and forth, and therefore, free trips to my sister's house in Texas was  coming to an end, I made a plan to go see her!  We went shopping for Christmas gifts, worked on craft projects and I even worked on a brand new scarf for my Aunt (post coming tomorrow!) But thank goodness for my big sister!  I realized quickly, sewing down the hands was going to be difficult.  
                                Note: Unlike the tutorial online, I chose to sew the hands down for added durability and possibly something their mom would keep to remember the babies when they were smaller. 

It's been forever since I've sewn anything (Freshmen year of high school to be exact) so I let her take the reign's on that one.  She did an amazing job and when she was done, I sewed on the buttons and made the fish smile (Yes, I created that one on my own and have plenty more ideas where that came from!)! 



I can't wait to show Lisa (the boys' mom), I think she's going to love them!! 

Aren't they the cutest??
I'm in love with the hedgehog, because he's SOOO darn cute, but Aubrey LOVES fishing with his Uncle Chris and Uncle Jason, so fish was the perfect animal for him (besides, I did orange and blue just for daddy - You're Welcome Shawn!)

...a...

No comments: